If you are preparing to have elective surgery soon there are many things that you can do to help prepare yourself and your family for what is to come. By planning ahead you can eliminate any potential problems that may arise both before and after your surgery. Here are 5 things to think about as you prepare to have surgery.
- Get plenty of rest during the days or weeks leading up to your surgery date. The surgery itself will leave you feeling tired, so you want to be well rested before you go in for your operation.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet during the time leading up to your surgery. Ask your surgeon what foods you should avoid. Sometimes you are on medications leading up to your surgery and certain foods may interfere with their effectiveness or cause you to have an allergic reaction.
- Depending on the type of surgery you will be having you may need to make some changes in your home. For example, if you are having surgery involving your lower extremities, it may be too difficult for you to go up the stairs if you live in a two-story house. In that case you will want to have an area downstairs where you can be comfortable while you are recuperating.
- If you have young children or pets, you will want to make arrangements for them to be properly cared for in the days after your surgery. You will need to rest and the stress of children and animals may hinder your recovery.
- Decide in advance how you want to handle visitors to your home after you come home from the hospital. You may want to set specific times that you will be available for people to stop by. If people come by to see you at all hours, you will not get the proper rest that you will need in the weeks after your operation.
These are the 5 areas that you should give some time and thought to before you have your surgery. That way you will be able to focus on healing and getting your life back to normal.
Writing about your experiences can be very healing to both the mind and the body. Find out how to write short articles about what you know and love by visiting http://www.EbookWritingandMarketingSecrets.com, where you will receive free tips and a Special Report on writing and marketing your articles and ebooks.